General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Guide: Migrate from Spiceworks to Lansweeper

We recently made the jump from Spiceworks to Lansweeper. I thought the migration would be easy, but it ended up taking me 3 days. So I wrote this guide for anyone else who seeks to make that journey. Should take you less than 3 days. Overview:Backup ...

Failed Logins

A couple of weeks ago, it seems like we had a hacking attempt. We changed all passwords and set a group policy for locking user accounts after x attempts.Unfortunately we had an admin account keep getting locked which killed services that used that ...

Microsoft Windows Servers and UNIX licensing

In your tool, I don’t see any interest for the License management feature.Because of Today strategy from Vendors are more oriented on Licencing their product by Number of CPU sockets or Number of Cores (physical or threads) or a combination of both.i...

Scan IBM AIX Server supported of lansweeper?

Hi all,we also use IBM AIX 7.x in our company and we want to scan this server.Is the scanning of especially IBM AIX OS supported from lansweeper?I know there exists an instruction to scan Linux/Unix but this is to general forme. Also the server run p...

WINAIX by Engaged Sweeper
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL to set IP Range Scan Schedule

I've imported a large number of IP Ranges via CSV. Is there a SQL Script I can use to set the Scan Schedules en mass (e.g. If Description like 'something' then set scan schedule to every Tuesday at 9am) similarly can I enable/disable the IP Range th...

Asset Radar requirements

Just to be clear. Asset Radar sniffs ARP, DHCP, and UDP packets to get the information. In order to be comprehensive, this requires scanner(s) in each broadcast domain or some form of forwarding these packets to a scanner?I was assuming the scanner...

bbeavis by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

LSAgent Cloud Relay error

- Enabled Cloud relay config on my scan server- Installed client in cloud relay mode only, with key defined- LSAgentLog errors with a 'The request channel timed out while waiting for a replay after 00:00:59.7812371. Increase the timeout value passed ...

dshu by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Asset Actions - RunAs Prompt

Good Morning, I'd like to be able to have LanSweeper prompt for alternate credentials when running an Asset action. We'd like to login to LanSweeper using our regular user accounts (which have limited permissions on our domain, and certainly don't ha...