General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Manage Engine MDM Scanning Credentials

Hi All,First post here, I've tried searching but came up with nothing on this topic.We use Manage Engine MDM as our choice of MDM for our mobile devices. I was wondering if there was any way I can import all the phones into Lansweeper to catalogue th...

Single Line report with H/D

Hello, and thank you in advance.the system inventory report i created creates a new line for every H/D on the system, so if a systems has 3 hard drives it creates 3 lines with a same info except the Drive letter /size of the disk ext.i need help comb...

Manually Encrypting Credential for use with PAM

I am trying to set up the Lansweeper scanning credentials to be used with a PAM that automatically rotates credentials. I found the location of the key but would it be possible to set up a script of some kind to have the PAM drop the credential som...

Create custom ticket filter for all agents?

We (IT) are looking at incorporating another closely related service department into Lansweeper and trying to run both departments from the single instance, which I think will work relatively well. I've been able to filter the tickets that I see in ...

Dell warranty lookup not working

HiI've noticed our new Dell devices aren't populated with the warranty and purchase information on the asset information.It scans the device fine, but when I click on the scanned serial number on the asset I am redirected to Dell's support landing pa...

RedHat 8.5 & SELinux

Has anyone had any success with writing a policy for SELinux that works ? I have a working one for my RedHat 7.x systems and even some pre 8.1, 8.2 systems, but for some reason it won't work on RedHat 8.5.SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/sudo from map ...

keimond by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exclude non-windows assets from scanning by assetname

Hi, I was wondering if there might be a way to filter non-windows assets by name to be excluded from scanning.I know there is an option to do exactly that for windows computers but seemingly not for any other asset type.If that's not possible, can I ...

rapheren by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Migrate to new host but without SQL

Hello community,i want to migrate the lansweeper service and website to a new host. We have a separate SQL server which does not change.I found these manuals:https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/move-lansweeper-to-different-server/https://www.lan...

pskup by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom reporting - Asset Groups and AD Description

Hello, all. I have posted before about this custom report I've been building, and I have it mostly right where I want it. I went in and manually added devices to Asset Groups and I can run a report for the various departments in my organization. This...

mrdisco by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos