General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Why is Lansweeper using the device name?

I setup Lansweeper about half a year ago and we still have problems reaching all devices.Mostly because of issues in our DNS-resolving as it looks.However I don't think this should have influence to the LS-scanning but I know that Lansweeper runs it'...

MakeBug by Champion Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Printers have no valuable information since 5.3.0.13 Update

Since the latest update to 5.3.0.13 all out network printers have no valuable information any more. Before, we could see the hostname of the printer, detailed information about the fill level status of each toner, the network ports they were attatche...

koglerh by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Odd Error deploying a package

I have successfully deployed this package to other XP machines without a problem but a few of the fail with the following error.Initialization Failed! Task Registering Error. The data area passed to a system call is too small. (Exception from HRESULT...

Resolved! Internet history

Is there a report i can run which will give me a list of the internet history from the pc?

dannyboy by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! After Upgrade to 5.3.0.12 website broke

After upgrade to 5.3.0.12 website getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error and can't logon.. Copied older version of website and used setup for version 5.3.0.8 to upgrade website only. That resolved the issue and allowed ...

PeterJG by Champion Sweeper II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 1000's of Network Devices since 5.3.0.13 update

We updated Lansweeper to 5.3.0.13 late last week and since then almost every free ip address that we scan has been added into LS as a network device. These are just free ip addresses, nothing there. I have more than 10,000 of these 'assets' in Lans...

apap by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Get the Cisco Swith model as fabricant name convention

Hello,Can you tell me, if I can get the model number of Cisco switches according to the official nomenclature?For example, for the Cisco Catalyst switch model 2960C Compact 12 FE PoE port, get on a field the WS-C2960C-12PC-L value.The command show ve...

ajmataro by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos